Skip to main content

Your help is needed – Kim Batson

 

Friends,

I am sending the following letter for your review, and consideration.  This is an opportunity for you or your church to extend your sphere of influence to another continent. 

I believe Kim has a heart for children, and she loves our Lord with all of her heart.  My wife and I are going to give the first $100 dollars to this project, and I hope many of you (or your church) will join us.  God bless.

E.C. McKinley

 

 

October 30, 2009

Dear Friend,

I have been given an awesome opportunity. In February 2010, I have been asked to teach in an International Institute of Children’s Ministry in Egypt. We will have the opportunity to train 120 Sunday School Teachers in Cairo and Assuit in two weeks. We feel we have challenges in the United States. They minister to hundreds of children each week with very limited space and resources. What an opportunity to be able to pour into them and lift them up! We will have a day in each area to minister to the children in Egypt. Egypt is 93% Muslim. I love the opportunity to share Jesus Christ with these children.

I am asking most importantly for your prayers. I need strength and health to ensure that I can have enough days to take off of work. I need wisdom as I prepare my lessons to ensure they are culturally relevant to reach the audience in which I am presenting. I need prayers of safety and health for the friends and family that I will be leaving in the United States. I need prayers that financially I can fund this endeavor.

I will need to raise $3000 to be able to participate in this International Institute. I will raise my own funds to be able to attend. I have faith that God would not have opened this door, if he did not have it all planned out. I know God will make a way.

I am relying on your prayers for this Institute.

As you pray, if God should put on your heart to assist me in participating in the International Institute in Egypt, I would greatly appreciate your support. Of course, your donation is tax deductible. You would make checks payable to Children’s Ministries and mail to address below. Please write Egyptian ICM on bottom of check. May God bless you!!

Sincerely,

Kim Batson

125 Baggett Lane

Dickson, TN. 37055

615-604-7484

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Hate to Faith

The Church Of God Of Prophecy at Oliver Springs would like to invite you to come and listen to Jim Tull, a former leader of the Aryan Brotherhood - a secret society that espouses hatred of minorities and is also associated with a motorcycle gang known for its cruelty and criminal activities. Jim Tull has a message that will hit home to everyone from the youth to your grandmother. His testimony includes how he "violated all 10 commandments" and how he taught hatred and violence. WHEN: Saturday, March 10th at 6:00 P.M. WHERE: The Church of God of Prophecy, Oliver Springs. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL ROY MASSENGALE AT 435-5800. PLEASE ANNOUNCE AND POST THE ATTACHED FLYER. Thank you and God bless.

Come Down From That Ivory Tower

Hebrews 11 has become known as the "Hall of Faith." The reason is quite simple. The writer spends a great deal of time giving a role call of the heroes of the faith. After all, this chapter is about faith, and what better way to teach faith than to illustrate with some real-life examples. Mos of the people in this chapter are well-known, at least by anyone who spent time squirming in a Sunday School class as a small child, or who watched the late-night movies on the local channels featuring their stories. Who were they? Abel, Enoch and Noah. Abel pleased God with his excellent offering, Enoch was so close to God that he actually walked with God to the point that one evening, while walking God said to Enoch, "we are closer to my house than we are yours, so why don't you just go home with me?" Of course, Noah built an ark (according to God's instructions) that saved mankind from total destruction. Then there was Abraham...the father of the faithful. He

Dr. David Horton

Lee University News Article: Dr. David Horton Dies Suddenly on Choir Tour: Funeral is Saturday Funeral services for Dr. David Horton have been scheduled for Saturday at 4:00 p.m. at the North Cleveland Church of God. The family will receive visitors Friday at Rush Funeral Home from 2-4 and 6-9 p.m. Dr. David Horton, a veteran member of the Lee University music faculty, died suddenly Monday evening following an apparent heart attack. Horton was in Nassau, Bahamas, on the first day of a post-commencement ministry tour with Campus Choir when he was stricken. His wife Virginia was with him as they returned to their hotel following dinner when he suddenly collapsed and was rushed to a hospital. "We are all stunned and deeply saddened by this unexpected loss," said president Dr. Paul Conn. "There are few people who have ever made such a huge impact on the life of Lee University as Dr. Horton has made. He and his wife Virginia have poured themselves into the lives of so many s